A 12th Century Cistercian Abbey founded in 1190 by Roland, Earl of Galloway.
The remains include a handsome Chapter house and occupies a site of great natural
beauty. It was visited by Robert the Bruce and James IV. Mary Queen of Scots
stayed here during a royal progress. It has a coach and car park, exhibition area,
reasonable wheelchair access, disabled toilets. 2 miles North West of Glenluce